Working Together: Community Leaders Respond to the Opiate Epidemic
Tuesday, Oct 17, 2017
6:00pm – 8:00pm
The Library, in partnership with the Mental Health & Recovery Services Board of Lucas County, hosts a community forum on the opiate epidemic moderated by 13abc Reporter Melissa Voetsch.
The Toledo Lucas County Public Library in special partnership with the Mental Health & Recovery Services Board of Lucas County (MHRSB), will be hosting a special community forum on how the opiate epidemic has impacted us locally, and what is bring done.
WTVG 13abc Reporter Melissa Voetsch will moderate a panel discussion featuring community leaders and experts:
- Andrea Boxill- Deputy Director, State of Ohio Governor’s Cabinet Opiate Action Team
- Robin Reese- Executive Director, Lucas County Children Services
- John Tharp- Sheriff, Lucas County Sheriff’s Office
- Scott Sylak- Executive Director, Lucas County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board
- Eric Zgodzinski, Health Commissioner, Toledo-Lucas County Health Department
The program is scheduled to include a pre-reception with community organization’s tables available for attendees to learn more; an hour of moderated panel discussion and contributions from audience experts, and a Q & A session before concluding.
Relevant community organizations will be hosting tables for attendees to browse from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., with the panel discussion beginning at 6:30 p.m.
For more information, visit http://events.toledolibrary.org/event/299608
Event LocationThe Toledo Lucas County Public Library
Toledo, Ohio , 43604